It is a win-win situation as donors receive recognition and support from the community at large and Cayman Thanksgiving receives the much needed assistance to sustain some principles of nation-building such as instilling national pride in our heritage and culture. In reflecting on how conversations have changed over the past ten or fifteen years, Cayman Thanksgiving will bring greater and more specific focus on Caymanian heritage and culture, thus building a strong identity for Caymanians locally and overseas. The celebrations are strategically scheduled for the weekend culminating with the first Sunday in December, which marks the passage of hurricane season, to strengthen our “farm to table” approach to dining thus supporting local farmers and promote a celebration that will not disrupt school calendars or impose economic loss for businesses.
While we welcome your financial contribution, we encourage you to participate in Cayman Thanksgiving
· Holding a Customer Appreciation Tasting Day of Caymanian delicacies
· Participating in “Charity Begins @ Home” community service activities by encouraging staff and clients to contribute to the collection of unused hurricane supplies for donation to the less fortunate or participating in other random acts of kindness during the weekend celebrations
· Attending the Market at the Cricket Grounds
· Inviting staff and their families to attend a worship service
· Encouraging Caymanians to invite non-Caymanians into their homes to partake in a traditional Caymanian meal, thus embracing all cultures in an inclusive setting.
Restaurants and similar businesses are encouraged to include Caymanian dishes their menu.
Cayman Thanksgiving is a non-political, non-governmental, non-profit organization and the full support of the business community and generous benefactors is needed to promote stronger social and family bonds, boost our tourism, financial and retail industry, and stimulate economic activity.
We look forward to your support in the preservation of all things Caymanian. Contributions can be made by cheque payable to Cayman Thanksgiving and mailed to Cayman Thanksgiving, P.O. Box 31425, Grand Cayman KY1-1206 or by deposit to Acct # 111-12988 (KYD) or 022-25234 (USD) at any Cayman National Bank branch. Anonymous contributions can be made by contacting us at email@example.com